REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL SELECTION)
COUNTRY – Commonwealth of Dominica
NAME OF PROJECT – Housing Recovery Project: P166537
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: IDA-D3070
Assignment Title: Project Engineer – Project Implementation Unit, Housing Recovery Project
Reference No.: DM-MOH-324828-CS-INDV
The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica has received financing from the World Bank for the implementation of the Housing Recovery Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds towards procuring an individual consultant to provide the services of a Project Engineer to the Project Implementation Unit.
The Project Engineer (PE) shall ensure that the physical implementation of the project components is achieved in accordance with the project's objectives, technical standards and within the implementation period. Accordingly, the PE shall carry out duties associated with the planning, design, construction supervision, and monitoring of civil works and structural engineering sub-projects relating to housing construction and other technical aspects of the Project in accordance with the Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica [GoCD] and World Bank's requirements.
The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica now invites eligible individual consultants ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the aforementioned duties. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The qualification requirements are:
Qualifications and Experience
- Master's degree in civil, structural or architectural engineering, or a Bachelor's Degree in the same, with a registered professional license. Minimum of Five (5) years' progressive technical and administrative experience in the field of project management including planning, climate resilient design, disaster recovery, hazard mitigation works, construction management, risk assessment and management, and supervision of roads, buildings, residential housing developments and other civil engineering projects
- Experience with large public works projects preferred
- Proven experience of delivering large and complex projects
- Familiarity with project scheduling software such as Microsoft project
- Demonstrated experience in projects focused in the Eastern Caribbean and previous experience in managing World Bank projects highly desirable
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organization and time management skills;
- Ability to work in teams within a collaborative mode;
- Integrity and confidentiality;
- Advanced computer (PC) skills, especially in Microsoft Office or related software;
- Strong Analytical and Report Writing Skills;
- Fluency in English Language with excellent written and oral communication and listening skills
The attention of interested consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14 and 3.16 of the World Bank's "Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers" July 2016 that contains the World Bank's policy on conflicts of interest for consulting services. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflicts of interest as related to this assignment (i.e. 3.17 of the Procurement Regulation).
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the World Bank's guidelines and standards.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on Mondays and 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Tuesdays to Fridays.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by 4:00 pm on Monday 5th December, 2022.
Mr. Nicholas Bruno
Project Implementation Unit
Housing Recovery Project
Ministry of Housing and Urban Development
40 Old Street, Roseau
Commonwealth of Dominica
Telephone No.: (767) 245 1250