(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL SELECTION:)
Country – Commonwealth of Dominica
Name of Project – Housing Recovery Project (P166537)
Loan No. /Credit No. / Grant No.: IDA-D3070/IDA-62320
Assignment Title: Social Safeguards Specialist
Reference No.: DM-MOH-236908-CS-INDV
The Government of Commonwealth of Dominica has secured financing from the International Development Association (IDA) credit and a Crisis Response Window Grant towards the cost of the Housing Recovery Project (HRP), under the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development and intends to apply part of the proceeds for recruitment of Social Safeguards Specialist (consulting services).
2.0 OBJECTIVE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The purpose of this consultancy is to provide social support to the PIU during project implementation to ensure compliance with the Bank’s Social Safeguard Policies and the laws of Dominica. The consultancy is also to ensure that other social impacts are identified and mitigated as necessary.
3.0 BRIEF SCOPE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
- Screen and scope (examine and evaluate) all activities proposed by individual subprojects to evaluate and assess the potential social risks or impacts and to determine which mitigation measures are needed;
- Screen and scope proposed projects for the presence of indigenous peoples in accordance with the World Bank’s Operational Procedures (OP 4.10);
- Implement and report upon the Indigenous Peoples Plan in full consultation with the Carib Council and Ministry of Carib Affairs;
The Government of the Commonwealth of Dominica now invites eligible candidates (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
4.0 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The candidate must possess the following qualifications and experience:
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences (geography, anthropology, sociology, economics, law) or related discipline. A Master’s Degree would be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience of a minimum of 8 years for those with Bachelor’s degree and 5 years experience for those with Masters Degree in the field of social development, project planning and project implementation.
The attention of interested individual Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” dated July 2016, revised November 2017, August 2018 and November, 2020, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest. Please refer to paragraph 3.17 of the Procurement Regulations on conflict of interest related to this assignment which is available on the Bank’s website at http://projects-beta.worldbank.org/en/projects-operations/products-and-services/brief/procurement-new-framework.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection Method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on Mondays and 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Tuesdays to Fridays.
5.0 DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The period of consultancy will be 12 months, subject to extension based on satisfactory performance.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by e-mail) by 13th August, 2021, 17.00hrs.
The Project Manager, Housing Recovery Project
40 Old Street, Roseau, Commonwealth of Dominica